There are so many things you need to worry about when writing content for the web. You have to write something interesting, informative, and entertaining for your audience. The copy needs to be well-formatted with clear headings and images.
And don’t forget that you need to choose a topic that’s relevant and timely! With all these different things going on in your mind, it can be hard to remember that if you want people to find your content, you also have to keep search engines like Google Or Bing in mind while writing it.
This is because search engine optimization (SEO) isn’t just a one-time concern: successful SEO requires an entire strategy devoted to making sure your content ranks highly on related searches and attracting readers who may never have stumbled across it otherwise. If this sounds overwhelming, don’t panic! I’ve got some tips that will help you write engaging content AND make sure it gets found online.
Write high quality content.
You want to write high-quality content. What does that mean?
- Make sure your article is free of grammatical errors, misspellings, and typos. This will help your readers trust you and make them more likely to share your article with others on social media or their own blogs.
- Build a relationship with the reader by providing information they can use in their daily lives. For example, if you are writing about SEO for WordPress blogs, then maybe include some tips on how to optimize the blog for search engines using keywords and tags that relate specifically to people searching for those topics (this tip can apply equally well when writing about any topic).
- Create an engaging narrative that keeps readers interested throughout the entire length of your article (or at least until they click away from it!).
Write long form content > 1,000+ words.
Longer content is easier to read, and this makes sense. If you have a long article that’s full of small snippets, it’s going to be harder for your readers to find their way around your page, which is why they’ll probably bounce off in search of something easier on the eyes.
Longer content means more information than shorter content, so it naturally has more value and authority in the eyes of search engines. Think about it: if you have an article that’s 2,000 words long vs one that’s 100 words long but full of unique research (and therefore valuable), which would you prefer?
Obviously we’d all choose the longer one because there’s more value here! Now think about how many times longer articles rank higher than shorter ones – many times more often than not! This is because longer pieces provide better context for what you’re reading; users find them easier to understand as well as more useful! As a result – people link back from other sites using anchor text (text within brackets) which helps boost their rankings further still!
Use keywords in the meta title and description.
When writing content, make sure you are using keywords in the meta title and description. The meta title should be less than 60 characters, while the meta description should be less than 160 characters. Make sure that both of these elements are relevant to your content so as not to confuse users or make it difficult for search engines to rank your page properly.
Additionally, when writing these titles and descriptions, write them in first person (e.g., “I” or “we”), but use active voice instead of passive voice (e.g., “We offer…” instead of “Offers are available from us”). This will help ensure that websites rank higher on search engines because they’re more likely to receive clicks from people looking for related information on those topics.
Finally, make sure that every page or blog post has its own unique set of tags/keywords within each one’s title tag; a common mistake is having generic titles across multiple web pages which makes it harder for search engines like Google to understand what each page is about since there isn’t any clear differentiation between them all until someone clicks through those results!
Use keywords in headings and subheadings.
#1: Use keywords in headings and subheadings.
Headings, subheadings, and meta descriptions are all important parts of a post’s SEO strategy. As such, you’ll want to be sure that your content’s heading tags are packed with keywords that will help you rank higher on search engines. The same goes for meta descriptions; they’re a great place to include relevant keywords and phrases that will help direct users to your site rather than another one when they click on search results.
#2: Keep them short and descriptive.
As with any good written piece of content (whether it’s an essay or a blog post), there’s no need for lengthy sentences when writing headings and subheadings—you can keep things simple by using short phrases rather than full sentences whenever possible! And don’t forget: whether we’re talking about the top-level heading or its underlings like subheads, each one should describe what comes after it so there aren’t any surprises waiting at the end of each paragraph or paragraph-like block of text—and readers won’t get confused about where exactly you’re taking them through this journey together!
Add social media share buttons to your website.
If you want to gain visibility on search engines, you need to optimize your content for social media shares.
There are several reasons why adding share buttons to your website is a good idea. First and foremost, they will help you get more traffic to your site.
Users are more likely to share a piece of content if they find it interesting or useful, so adding share buttons can be an effective way of encouraging people who visit your website or blog post in the first place. In addition, when users share one of your articles on social media sites like Facebook or Twitter, this gives them an opportunity to interact with others who might find it interesting as well—and many people will click through from these types of posts when they see that others have already shared them! Finally, adding social media share buttons helps build brand awareness in general terms because potential customers may see other consumers interacting with the same brands mentioned by their peers (and thus become aware).
Guest post on other blogs or websites to have backlinks on your site.
Guest posting on other blogs or websites is one of the easiest ways to gain backlinks for your site. When you write an article for another site, make sure to use your keywords in the post, and include a link back to your own site. If possible, acknowledge the person or the source who published the original content as well (either in text or via image).
It is a great way to build backlinks to your site and gain visibility. In order to maximize the SEO value of your guest posts, follow these guidelines:
- Use your keywords in the article title and summary.
- Include a link back to your website in the author bio area at the end of every post on other people’s sites. This will show Google that you have an interest in gaining visibility through links from other sites as opposed to just building links on your own site with internal linking strategies such as blogrolls or footer links.
- Write high-quality content for all of them (make sure it’s original).
- Try getting backlinks from sites that already link out frequently within their content (not all do). This will help increase click-through rates for search engines looking at those sites for potential new content listings when queries similar to yours come up later down the road—and thus increase rankings! You also get more exposure through social media mentions/retweets/etc., which helps build awareness around who you are and what services/products you offer people interested in learning more about those topics.”
- If there’s information related to what you’ve written that’s relevant but not included in an article then link out so readers can find it easily; this will help increase views too!
Submit your site to search engines such as Google and Bing
- Submit your site to search engines such as Google and Bing
- Submit your site to directories
- Submit your site to social media sites like Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn
- Submit your website to article directories. You can find the list of some popular article directories on this page: https://www.serpbook.com/directory-submit-your-website-to-get-backlinks/
- It is also important that you create a profile backlink on authority websites like Squidoo, Hubpages etc., so that people can follow you as well. You can use this tool I created just for this purpose: http://www.linkclumpr.com/profilebacklinkgenerator
How do you get more backlinks? Well one way is by writing guest posts on other blogs or websites. This way not only does it help others but also improves the visibility of your website through those links pointing back at it from other places.
Another factor here is that both do follow or no follows links are important but focus more on getting dofollow backlinks because they have higher value when it comes down to ranking factors.
When trying out different strategies don’t forget about internal linking within your web pages – make sure they’re indexed by search engines
Creating SEO friendly content can help gain visibility for your website or blog on search engines.
Creating SEO friendly content can help gain visibility for your website or blog on search engines. The following is a breakdown of how to do this:
- Write high quality, unique content. Creating original and top-notch content is the first step towards creating SEO friendly content. You don’t have to reinvent the wheel here; just write about topics that are relevant to your industry or niche. Don’t forget to use keywords in headings and subheadings; they should be present in at least half of all articles on any given page (including titles). Another tip – avoid overusing keywords like ‘best,’ ‘unique,’ etc., which tend to make posts look spammy.
- Create an XML sitemap file if one does not already exist for your website/blog. An XML sitemap allows search engines to know what pages exist on a site so that they can crawl those pages more efficiently when indexing websites/blogs for search results.* Create an HTML sitemap file and submit it along with a Sitemap XML file through Google Search Console.* Publish social media updates regularly so people stay engaged with what’s happening within their industry — and keep reposting relevant articles from other sources (just make sure you credit them!).
In this blog post, we’ve discussed how to write SEO-optimized content. We explored the importance of keyword research and the different ways you can use keywords in your writing: in titles, subheadings, and throughout.
We also looked at how incorporating images and links can help your piece rank better on search engines by making it more valuable for readers. Finally, we covered some tips for formatting text to make it easier for both users and search engine crawlers alike!
Need a blog post written? Check out our blog writing service and get professional, SEO friendly blog posts without the hassle.